Wednesday, January 9, 2019

US TOUR (Part 5 – GONE SOLO in NYC & HOUSTON)

Going Solo!




A story by Stiff Lu – Night watch for Kasbah Boracay, proprietor at Loudhouse Music Enterprise, lead vocalist of the Rockoustic Blues Experiment, gatekeeper of The Rizal Underground and a musical voyager/dad to some of the most beautiful destinations of the World)



After 4 weeks together on this tour, I finally “Gone Solo” in New York City, the day after the U2 concert at Madison Square Garden and for the show in Houston. A complete turnaround with the kids heading back to San Diego after their Sam Smith concert at the TD Garden and with the company of #myfavoritetitamarla.

Aris Tuazon
And so this day begins with a lunch invite from my host, ARIS TUAZON, who was cool enough to spend the day to take me around parts of the city I’ve not been. We first went back in time to 1854 at McSorley’s OldAle House, and then proceeded to an exhibit opening where I was introduced to some fine company. After a few rounds of drinks, we headed back to UGLY KITCHEN to have a few more before calling it the night - had to shuttle back to Queens to stay with buddy WARREN DAYA, who was kind enough to adopt me. Then another day in New York City for some last minute locations I’ve not been to – Strawberry Fields in Central park and Soho for some shopping. Again I had to call this one early and my last night in the Big Apple as my Houston show was lurking in the background.


Strawberry Fields Central Park
Before you know it, It’s Friday and time to fly out for the first time to Houston, Texas. I was quite excited and was met with a heat wave it seemed. It was the early evening and I had to take an Uber to get to the venue for a sound check and rehearsal with the band. I was met with the warmest greetings by my lovely Houston hosts Connie and Joey of PASAYAHAN SA NAYON, followed by my mates CHAD CUEVA & BEEP BOXX for a short jam. It felt good that I was performing with a bunch of talented guys, since Los Angeles, San Francisco & New York. I consider myself very lucky.



The Houston Rockers
By nightfall, I checked in to a really nice hotel and had a comfortable night. Again, by chance I discovered that we’ve some family here in Houston. ROLLY MALIGAD, who wrote the ROCKOUSTIC BLUESEXPERIMENT’S first two singles, was well represented and I was going to meet them the following day – really cool, unfortunately though, my mate RAMON ZIALCITA could not make from Florida.

Ms. Vida Eve at TJs Filipino Cuisine
After a good night sleep I was treated to buffet lunch at TJ’S FILIPINO CUISINE by the gorgeous MS. VIDA EVE, a personal friend of the producers, I really enjoyed the sumptuous Filipino dishes. Soon after, we headed back to the venue for another sound check before the actual show. This time our musical director DERBIN BERDIN came in for a solid run through, and as day turned into night they slowly piled in till the house was packed. 

The Maligads!
There, I met DORISGITA & TODO, all in Rolly’s name and met all their friends and soon after made more friends than in all other venues. I also met some gorgeous ladies and being solo meant I had a lot of free time to mingle and I really enjoyed that. As the lights went out and the fog machine went on full blast we kicked off the show with a video introduction from the THE DOCTOR– RAMON ZIALCITA and we were soon rockin’. Although I had one more show to do in LA, this felt like the last and we went all out to the bewilderment of the audience.

My special Houston hosts 

Unfortunately, this will also be the shortest stay in amongst all the venues and as darkness fell that Sunday afternoon, it was time to fly back to San Diego to join the family once again. America was a truly amazing musical experience for me and I look forward in going back there and exploring other Cities in the future.



New York City Rocks!!!
This is the fifth and last part of a series about the recent journey with my two prized possessions and truly very memorable. This story is dedicated to all those who made it possible. SOFIA, STEPHANIE and I are sending y’all a massive THANK YOU and let these PHOTOS be the testimony to how much fun we had during this trip. Stuff dreams are made of – travelling, touring, bonding and parenting all in one!

Welcome to my first blog of 2019 and this being the last of this series. Please stay tuned to this channel for a major announcement real soon!!! PHOTOS TO THIS BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *